The ATA represents athletes, coaches, clubs, race directors and officials to ensure the growth and development of the sport in the province in a fun and safe way. Every dollar of revenue we receive gets re-invested back into the sport. Membership with the ATA offers many other advantages!
Athlete Membership Benefits
- Liability and accident insurance for all ATA sanctioned events and member club activities until December 31, 2018
- Ability to register for the Pedal Protect Bike Insurance program
- Protect your investments at a reasonable cost!
- Additional travel insurance coverage when you're training or competing in sanctioned triathlon events.
- Optional 24/7 Top-Up Insurance to protect you when you are not training with an affiliated club.
- Ability to participate in Draft Legal Certification Clinics (Youth and Juniors only) and Bike Handling Clinics
- Optional subscription to the Triathlon Canada Magazine (limit 1 per household)
- Monthly e-newsletter
- The satisfaction in knowing you are helping to support the Alberta Triathlon Association and their goal to expand and improve the sport in a meaningful way to our members201
- Voting privileges at the Annual General Meeting (for athletes over the age of 16)
- Adult Athlete $60, Youth Athlete $50
There will be a $5 affiliation Triathlon Canada affiliation fee added onto the total ($3 for athletes under the age of 19) which grants eligibility to participate in provincial and national multisport games, including World Multisport Championships, National Championships, and Canada Summer Games.
be a member of the ATA in order to participate in sanctioned events throughout the province.
All participants are eligible to purchase a day membership
which will provide insurance coverage for the entirety of one event. Day memberships cost $20 for Adults and $10 for youth and can be purchased through the Race Director of the event that you wish to participate at.
Coach Membership Benefits
- Liability coverage for all sanctioned coaching activities until December 31, 2018
- General Sports Accident coverage if a coach is injured as part of sanctioned coaching activities.
- Access to the Pedal Protect Bike Insurance Program
- Access to professional development opportunities and coaching education.
- Optional subscription to Triathlon Magazine Canada
- Optional listing in an ATA Coach Directory (only applies to NCCP-trained and certified triathlon coaches)
- Monthly coaching e-newsletter
- Coach $50
Race Director Membership Benefits
- Liability coverage if you sanction your event with the ATA.
- Opportunity to bid for Provincial, National and World Championship events
- Your sanctioned event(s) on the ATA Race Event Listing
- Access to professional development resources and clinics.
Day Memberships for adults (20+) cost $20 and $10 for youth are purchased directly from the event you wish to participate in. The race director will either charge you this fee during the registration process or request it in cash on the date of the event during package pick-up.
For more information on membership benefits please see our website at www.triathlon.ab.ca